Are you ready to work for social change?
Project 55 Fellows are selected each year from a competitive applicant pool of Princeton University seniors and recent graduates. Approximately 12% of the Princeton senior class applies to the Project 55 Fellowship Program each year. Between forty and fifty applicants are placed with nonprofit organizations each year. For the 2018-19 Fellowship year, we anticipate placing fellows in the Bay Area, Boston, Chicago, Connecticut, New Jersey, Philadelphia, New York City, and Washington, DC. A complete list of partner organizations will be made available in December.
It should be noted that applicants apply to the Project 55 Fellowship Program and not to specific partner organizations.
The 2018-19 Project 55 Fellowship application consists of the following steps:
1) Meet with AlumniCorps at an information session, career services event, or by scheduling an individual meeting. This first step will allow you to learn more about the Project 55 Fellowship Program, and provide you with an opportunity to ask specific questions related to the application process and the fellowship year. Project 55 information sessions will be in October and November, dates TBD.
2) Complete an application (login below) by Thursday, December 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The online application consists of the following: Contact Information, Interests, Short Essays, Resume, Transcript, Recommendation Letter, and a $50 Application Fee. As a reminder, applicants are applying to the Project 55 Fellowships program and not to specific partner organizations.
3) Interview with AlumniCorps staff and volunteers. Selected applicants will be asked to participate in a 45-minute interview to take place between January 9 and January 28, 2018. After the interview, applicants will be asked to rank their preferred partner organizations. While many applicants are referred to an organization on their preferred list, it is possible to be referred to additional organizations. Applicants can be referred to as many as three organizations. Referrals to partner organization(s) are based on information received during interviews, applicant preferences, and the needs of partner organizations.
4) Complete organization specific responses as determined by each partner organization. Applicants who have been referred to organizations will be asked to submit brief responses to prompts provided by partner organizations. Applicant responses will be provided to partner organizations alongside that applicant’s Project 55 application.
5) Interview with partner organizations between February 1 and February 28. Most interviews are conducted remotely, but some interviews will require travel for in-person meetings. Exact interview dates are determined by applicants and partner organizations. Applicants will be notified of offers in early March by Princeton AlumniCorps. Applicants will have 2-3 business days to accept or decline any offers.
Fellows are required to attend an orientation in May 2018 at Princeton University, and most fellows usually begin work in June or July.
Email Hema Lochan, Program Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.