Our Mission and Scope
The mission of Princeton AlumniCorps is to inspire and build civic leadership among alumni across generations by engaging them in significant activities that influence and improve our society.
By engaging alumni in significant public service initiatives, we will:
- Contribute to constructive social change;
- Strengthen the University as a source of civic leaders;
- Expand each Princetonian’s ability to make a difference, by engaging with others;
- Enrich and expand the lifelong Princeton experience;
- Multiply our impact through collaborating and sharing our vision with other universities;
- Further extend Princeton’s service to the nation and to the world.
Princeton AlumniCorps is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with annual operating expenses of $565,000. Our programs are national in scope and operate in Boston, Chicago, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC. We are volunteer-led, with an actively engaged Board of Directors and more than 200 volunteers whose time and talents make our programs possible.
Since our founding in 1989, we have provided alumni with opportunities, training, and support needed to put their energies to work addressing significant social issues. Our current programs engage alumni in significant public service activities throughout their lives, from the moment they graduate college to their encore careers. We also serve as an active model and catalyst for other universities and alumni groups to achieve their goals of alumni-driven civic engagement. With more than 1600 program alumni and a network of more than 500 nonprofit partner organizations, Princeton AlumniCorps is a unique convener of people and organizations committed to building not just a new generation of civic leaders, but civic leadership across generations.
For a copy of the most recent AlumniCorps strategic plan (2013-16), please send a request to email@example.com.