ARC Innovator – Website Designer
Website Renew Life Center
Renew Life Center
Website Design and Development
ARC Innovator Title:
Who is the nonprofit partner?
The Renew Life Center offers residents of Paterson, New Jersey services and educational programs beginning with Getting Ahead™ that help build resources resulting in more prosperous lives for individuals, their families and their community. They do this via:
- Resource development assistance
- Life coaching
- Educational and life transformation programs
- Job search and retention assistance
What skills or interests do I need to do the project?
The Innovator should be able to:
- Create a killer website
- Is a good listener but also advises staff on what works and what doesn’t;
- Someone who brings their own ideas to the table. I don’t want a yes-man (or woman)
- Knows the entire design process, from layout to function or can help connect us to those who do.
- Optional is someone who has the skill to write copy for the website, but this isn’t required.
- Can teach staff how to make simple updates to my website.
What’s the project all about?
RENEW is a young non-profit that had its website (WordPress) created before we opened ourdoors to serve the women of Paterson NJ. The website was created with the purpose of having a web presence that potential donors can go to to learn about what we plan to do. So thepictures on the website are stock photos and a video testimonial on the website is borrowedfrom another non-profit that runs the same program we do. Now that we have been operating for over two years we have to update the images, videos and content of the website to reflect the work we have done and continue to do in the city of Paterson. Also we would like the updated website to contain information and “calls to action” for potential clients, volunteersand donors.
What are the project objectives and deliverables?
The project deliverables are an updated website, that is customized to represent the work done at Renew.
Who from the organization will provide me with support?
Marisol Rodriguez, the Executive Director, will provide support to the Innovator.
How long will the project take?
The project will take between 10- 12 weeks depending on time available from the Innovator.
Where will I complete the project?
The work can be done onsite or remotely.